Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday [23]

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish that allows bloggers to share their top ten lists for that week’s topics









Top 10 Debut Authors Who Have Me Looking Forward to their Sophomore Novel

For this one I can only do 5.  The only other debut author I read this year already has a bunch more books out, since he debuted a couple years ago.  I think a challenge for me next year is to read more debuts.

1 - Moïra Fowley-Doyle  



I really enjoyed The Accident Season.  I think my problems with it were more of a cultural thing.  I even stated this in my review: "As awesome as this story was, it could have been so much better.  I'm expecting great things from Moïra in the future.  It's a solid debut, and a lot of authors start a little shaky before they really hone their writing and become amazing best selling authors.  I really hope she is one of these authors."







2 - Max Wirestone 



The Unfortunate Decisions of Dahlia Moss was utterly amazing.  I loved every second of it.  I can't wait for future amazing geeky books from him!











3 - David Hofmeyr 

 
The Stone Rider was a really fun read.  I can't wait to see what happens next!  But since I don't consider sub sequential books in a series as sophomore novels, I also can't wait to see what world he builds in his second series!







4 - Emiko Jean 


 One of my favorite books this year.  I read We'll Never be Apart back in June (while at BEA) and it's stuck with me.  I can't wait to see what else she comes up with!












5 - Constance Lombardo 



 Mr. Puffball was really fun, and I want to see what wacky worlds she'll come up with for her next one.













I'll throw in one extra.  My friend's next book. I can't wait for him to finish a draft so I can read it!  His first book (which I mentioned briefly here) was amazing, and to take a break from that world he started writing another story that, from the little bit he's told me about, sounds awesome.


1 comment:

  1. I still haven't read The Accident Season, I'm hoping to soon!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/04/top-ten-tuesday-29/

    ReplyDelete