Monday, November 30, 2015

November Round Up

My November

This month has pretty much sucked for me.  I barely got any reading done, I didn't get much crafty stuff done, even my nails were even polish-less for 95% of the month, and I'm single again: whoo hoo!

My house is currently under a massive renovation, which leaves us with only one bedroom, the dining room, the kitchen, and the living room mostly intact.  It's been rough.  Especially when the idiot cats get themselves stuck in the wall.  It was our black cat, so I had a nice Edger Allen Poe moment.  We only noticed he was there because of the crying.

At the beginning of the month I was in NYC for a work conference for a couple days, one of which was a Friday.  So three of my friends joined me in the city for dinner then a speakeasy.  I went back into the city two days later with my mom and we walked a crazy amount.


My friend from Long Island came up to visit and we went to the Two Roads Brewery with another friend of mine.  It was a great day following by watching some Rick and Morty and playing games (Exploding Kittens is awesome!) while drinking extra Two Roads beer.

I was back in the city a third time this month for the Holiday Spirits Booze Cruise we do for my friend's birthdays (the cruise is right in between the two).  It was a blast, despite the rain.



When I was in high school I was involved in a youth symphony, this year is the symphony's 60th anniversary so they had the alumni come back to play in their fall concert.  It was a weekend of binge violin playing since I haven't picked it up in a while.  But the concert went well and it was a lot of fun hanging out with my friends playing.



I returned to Cape Cod to have Thanksgiving at my brother's.  It was my sister-in-law's first time having to do a Thanksgiving meal, so good times!

Today I'm en-route to New Mexico to see my cousin.  It was an impromptu trip due to me having way too much vacation time that I was going to lose.  But plane rides mean reading time!

I also received another OwlCrate, so now I'm 2 for 3 for receiving books I already own signed copies of.  I loved the Cinderella tea and the strigoi battle tattoo is really cool.  The rest of the stuff in the box I thought was kind of lame.





November's Artsy Stuff

I really didn't do anything remotely artsy this month, I redid an old nail design at one point though.


November Blog News

I've been slacking on the blog front.  I've had no motivation to write reviews, so that paired with my minimal reading this month does not mean good things.  I'm hoping to get my act together in December and do some more reading and writing.  But we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment