Sunday, June 7, 2015

Short Story Sunday

The Wrong Foot
By Stephanie Burgis

This story is a retelling of Cinderella, and I’m a sucker for fairytale retellings.  This retelling is about a horrible, lecherous, prince who “finds” his love.  The girl that he claims as his missing love, Sophia, is, in fact, not who he danced with.  The story revolves around Sophia and how tries to get out of marrying the prince.

I love this story.  Sophia is such an awesome protagonist, she’s so smart.  I also love how the prince is the exact opposite of Charming and the girl’s worst nightmare rather than her dream.  The ending was also fantastic, the way Sophia played on the prince’s faults. 


I give this story a 10/10, Sophia was great and it took such a cool take on the story.  This story is so much fun! I highly highly recommend it!

I first listened to this story on PodCastle.  It was read by Renee Chambliss, who did such a fantastic job with it, her character’s voices were great.  

No comments:

Post a Comment