Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday [34]



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish that allows bloggers to share their top ten lists for that week’s topics









Top Ten Books I Really Love But Feel Like I Haven't Talked About Enough/In A While


1 - Burning City - Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle  





This book is fantastic, such an amazing world and captivating story.  









2 - Watership Down - Richard Adams  




My all-time favorite book.  You really can't beat communist bunnies. 









3 - Sirens of Titan - Kurt Vonnegut 



My favorite Vonnegut book (and to put things in perspective, Vonnegut is in my top 5 favorite authors) although Cat's Cradle is a close second.  I haven't read either of them in a long time and I've been dying for a reread.








4 - Nightfall - Issac Asimov  



My favorite short story I've ever read.  This story is so amazing.  There are no words for this one, I get the feels every time I read it, every time I think about it.  Amazing stuff, Asimov is a literary genius.








5 - Martin the Warrior - Brian Jacques 





I grew up loving the Redwall series, but this book is by far my favorite.  Martin is so much more awesome than Matthias and Mattimeo, and the others are equally amazing: Gnoff, Grumm, Laterose 







6 - Timeline - Michael Crichton  



Another one of my top 5 favorite authors - and this is my favorite book by him.  Travelling back in time to medieval France with a bunch of medieval historians and archaeology students?  Yes please.  This book may have been my inspiration to get a degrees in history and French with a minor in archaeology.  You never know, they quantum foam just may make me roam.







7 - 1984 - George Orwell  



This is probably the book I reference the most in the real world (have you seen the state of the US lately?)  But on my blog I don't think I've ever mentioned it.  I really love this book, it's so amazing and I'm unhappy to say that his predictions are coming true, if a few decades off.








8 - Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen  





Of course this one would make the list.  I'm such a romantic and this is pretty much the greatest romance ever written.  Seriously, I've yet to meet a girl who didn't want a Mr. Darcy of her own.








9 - Fairy Godmother - Mercedes Lackey 



Hey look! another of my top five favorite authors made the list!  And this one might be my favorite book by her, although some of her other stuff is pretty amazing too.  I love how she turned fairy tales into horrible things that people dread being a part of.  The world she created in this book is just fantastic.








10 - The Summer Prince - Alaya Dawn Johnson 



There's something about this book that I just love, I can't put words to it and so it usually goes without much mentioning.











And my three favorite series that I probably talk too much about:

1 - Red River - Lauraine Snelling  



I keep finding ways to bring up Thorliff, but hey, when you've been crushing on a character for almost your whole life and the series continues so he grows up with you, what else can you do?









2 - Anna/Lola/Isla - Stephanie Perkins 




It kind of bothers me that this series doesn't have a name...But I seriously love these books, and I've noticed, like Thorliff, I keep finding ways to mention them.








3 - His Dark Materials - Phillip Pullman 




This is my all-time favorite series.  I went for a long time without mentioning it, but between the graphic novel coming out and getting my friend to read it I feel like I've been bringing it up a lot.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't yet read the other books in Perkin's series, but I was surprised that I enjoyed Anna and the French Kiss. Such a sweet story. I'd like to read the Golden Compass. I attempted it as a kid and didn't like it but I think I will now.
    Here's my TTT list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timeline was so cool! (I even liked the movie, and yes, I know...)


    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised you liked the movie if you liked the book. It's actually the only movie I've walked out of, and I've sat through some pretty awful movies.

      Delete
  3. Nice picks for this week! I haven't read any of the books on your list... I'll have to expand my reading horizons!!

    Here's a link to my TTT for this week:
    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/03/ten-books-i-really-love-but-feel-like-i.html

    ReplyDelete