Sunday, June 21, 2015

Short Story Sunday

Thirty Seconds from Now
by John Chu

Review

This was such a great story.  It's about a boy who can see the future, or rather, every possibility the future holds.  It's a story about him falling in love, getting his heart broken, surviving college, and the story in its entirety is told before it even happens.  The story begins and ends at the same time.  Scott sitting on the floor, juggling with his dorm room door ajar.

I love the possibilities that Scott sees, I love how Tony is so persistent with what he wants.  I love how Scott sees how everything will turn out and yet he decides to let it happen.  I love how you only know part of the story, and will never know how it ends, or how key things happen, because for the entirety of the story Scott is sitting on his dorm room floor.

This story was a lot of fun.  I give it a 10/10.  

I listened to this one on Escape Pod it was narrated by Joel Kenyon, who did an excellent job with it.  I highly recommend listening to it, but if you're not into that the full text is posted in the same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment